Thursday 11 February 2010

Fab Bits and Seasonal Cosiness

I have had a few parcels in the post this week from some ebay buys I bid on at the end of last month. First, a River Island hot pink toy watch...
River Island grey boyfriend jacket, I love the sleeves and the colour and it's actually quite neat rather than oversized.

And finally this cute pom pom hooded scarf (RI yet again). I kept meaning to buy one of these but then they sold out on the River Island website, I was watching one on ebay and then was gutted when I forgot to bid on it. But it turned out ok in the end as I ended up getting this one which a nicer colour then the one I saw first. I've picked up a lightweight chocolate brown parka in Primark the other month which will go perfectly with this cosy scarf.



I also ordered these cosy socks from La Senza, I have been wanting some since it first snowed and they were half price on the website.



And finally while I was on there I spotted these pretty lace pjamas. For some reason I always get hot arms in bed but like the rest of me to be cosy so I always get long trousers and a vest top.
In other news, since 1st Feb I have had a huge clothes clearout and have been on a spending ban. Like many fashion bloggers I am feeling a bit guilty about the spending overkill of Christmas and the January sales, not to mention the months leading up to them. So apart from the hooded scarf which I paid for last week (but let myself off as I had decided to buy it in January but had to wait for the listing to end), I havent been to any shops either in the flesh or online.
I had decided to keep this up for the whole of February but I think the temptation of payday in the last week of the month will be too much to resist! Still, three weeks plus will have been a long time for me to go without new clothes and I do have some rules in mind which I intend to stick to from now on:
1. Only go clothes shopping on the Saturday after payday
2. Stick to a budget of a hundred pounds
3. Stop ordering from Topshop and River Island online - it only makes me spend more and picking up parcels is too much hassle
4. Make a list of the things I intend to buy next month and when the time comes cut the list right down to the top few items.
I have been making my list for next month and when its all written down it becomes obvious which things I really want and which things I put down on impulse. So all in all I'm feeling really happy about how things are going :)




No comments:

Post a Comment