Sunday 31 January 2010

I Love Lilac

This week I have been obsessing about a particular shade of pinky lilac which is my favourite colour at the moment. I picked up a Barry M lipstick in Palest Lavender..

Close-up of the lips, I thought they might be too dark to take such a light colour but actually it covered ok. I also thought it would highlight all the imperfections in my lips but after applying a homemade lip scrub of Vaseline and sugar they were perfectly soft and smooth. I just added some ordinary sugar to half a tin of Vaseline and mixed together, then left it on my lips until it soaked in. I nicked this idea from another blog, have been meaning to try it for ages.
This is the actual lipstick, more pinky on than it looks in the tube.


I also purchased Barry M blush in Pink Orchid, I have read reviews of this product on several blogs and it looks such a pretty sugar pink. Pretty things really cheer me up in winter :)




After buying the lipstick I decided to hunt down a matching nail varnish, the only one I could find close to the shade I had imagined was this Rimmel one - its called Twinkle and has a subtle glittery sheen to it - actually nicer than I had hoped!




I am also a bit overly keen on hand cream at the moment, I have been applying my Cath Kidston Rose cream twice a day and worrying that it was going down too fast I bought a minature version to take out in my handbag. This is Lilac & Lavender and the cream is actually pale purple!





Even the design on the back is lovely. I got this tiny tube on ebay, the cream also comes in tins which were super pretty aswell.




I couldnt resist going back to Zara yesterday and got this cute t-shirt for just 14.99. I love the dip-dyed purple fringing.






And finally these bangles from Accessorize. The top one says Forget Me Not on it, I really like bangles with writing on but I thought only expensive designer brands made them.
All these pastels are making me feel like it's spring already, hope everyone is having a nice weekend.








1 comment: