Saturday 9 January 2010

Belated Boxing Day Buys & 10 Things

Hi, this post is a lot later than I anticipated as I have been ill :( I had a cold before Xmas which went on Boxing Day, a few days later I ended up with full blown flu. As I had some sick days before Xmas and then last week off I havent been into work for about three weeks, which sounds great but really wasnt! I ate almost nothing for about a week and actually managed to lose some weight and can easily fit into all my tightest clothes but I missed the self-indulgent fun of the festive season. I am eating normally now and dont feel so weak and feverish but the annoying cough just wont go.
Anyway this is what I bought in the sales when I was feeling ok. River Island snow leopard long
t-shirt, seven pounds, worn with black treggings.


Also from Ri, black waterfall cardigan with lace panel at the back, fifteen pounds. Close up of the shoulder embellishment. I also got a black lace bolero which is going to be part of my birthday going out outfit so i will take a photo of it then.

I got this bra from La Senza for fifteen pounds and some floaty rose print pjamas for twelve pounds fifty. It was hell in there, so many people pushing!

I was just catching up on Em's blog and saw she had tagged me for this 10 things that make you happy award. I guess everyone has probably already done it as I havent looked a Blogger in ages but I thought I would add it on to this post to make it a bit more interesting. Today is the first day in ages that I have bothered to wear perfume and jewellery as i have just been slobbing around the house feeling rubbish, its nice to think of small things in your life that make you feel so much better.
1. My Nice Boyfriend - he is always so pleased to see me when he gets in from work, as if we have been apart for weeks instead of just hours and it makes a rubbish day just melt away. This pic is from a bit of funny angle but we were having such a good time when it was taken.


2. Unexpected compliments - I really don't like my job and am trying to change my career but I am quite good at what I do at the moment. Sometimes a client at work singles me out for praise and it gives me a little lift and I feel like its not so bad after all.
3. A Nice Glass of Wine - I always have a glass of rose on a friday and saturday night and I look forward to it so much during the week. I also like fruit cider to relax on a sunday afternoon, its like my reward for working hard.





4. Chocolate - There's nothing like being given a whole box of chocolates to yourself on a special occasion but on an ordinary day I am addicted to Galaxy Cookie Crumble and Wispa Gold.
5. Nail varnish - It's only a small part of my appearance but I love it when I have just tried out a new colour and it hasn't chipped yet, it makes me feel really polished. Barry M is my favourite and I have quite a collection.




6. Freshly Dyed Hair - my hair is dark brown and I dye it black every 3 weeks. I would quite like to try red but as I have been using permanent black my hair wouldn't take it. Anyway i love it when its perfect with no roots and of course I love good hair days in general as my hair is probably the most noticable thing about me. Sometimes I like to tie it up on my head at night so when I take it down in the morning it has that extra bit of Cheryl Cole lift.
7. A Good Read - I love it when I am reading a book and end up thinking about constantly when I have to tear myself away to do something else.






8. My Bed - I think a lovely long sleep is such a pleasure. Even better if you have a hot water bottle and fresh clean sheets.


9. Cupcakes - My mum makes the most gorgeous cupcakes and all manner of baked goods to keep me and the boyfriend going. It's lovely to have some comforting home baking, we always eat them straight away. This is one of the prettiest ones she made me.



10. Goodies in the Post - I am a bit of an online shopping addict and it's great when I have ordered something and the thought of it possibly waiting at home for me gets me through the day.
I am hopefully going back to work and getting back to normal on monday, then on wednesday its my birthday so that is something to look forward to. I have a family party next saturday and then the weekend after its nearly the boyfriend's birthday so we are having a joint celebration by way of a mexican meal out and cocktails. I feel like I have been in an illness bubble recently so I can't wait to get out!







2 comments:

  1. You look so cute in that photo! I nearly bought the same RI cardigan as well but the stupid site kept crashing on me. Oh and lovely cupcake as well. YUM.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh i love cookie crumbles soo nice. Love the first tee too x

    ReplyDelete