Friday 2 April 2010

Outfits, Outfits, Outfits!

I haven't done a post in aaaages as I've had loads on, and not in a good way unfortunately. I had to go to a funeral on wednesday and I've had two course interviews since I last blogged. One of them was good but the other was a complete waste of time. I wanted to go into teaching and thought there would be no problem with that as I have a good degree and I did a bit of work experience at a local school. But last week I was told I had no chance whatsoever as I was competing against people who have been volunteering or even working in schools for several years. The person who interviewed me actually said it was "impossible to get onto a PGCE English course". I read that teaching applications have gone up by 35% this year and so it's really competitive now. I had another interview for another uni before Xmas and I got a complete grilling from course tutor, if I wanted to beg and plead and prove how much I want it I would go on the X-factor!

Anyway I was rejected from both of those and have applied for a postgraduate Early Years course instead. That interview was a lot more promising and the work sounded really interesting and I really hope I get in because I can't wait to leave the completely rubbish job I do at the moment!

After that rant, these are the best outfits I have worn at weekends recently. This is a grey Topshop tunic with a lace insert.

The lace goes all the way down the back and it's really comfy. The necklace is Topshop as well.

River Island leather look leggings...



And Primark patent buckle boots, background is a pub carpet, nice! I wore this when I went for drinks and to the cinema the weekend before last. We went to see Shutter Island, its a thriller but not too graphic, Leonardo DiCaprio is a detective in it and it was honestly the best film I have ever seen at the cinema. Leo is very good in it and the story is so clever, it has a completely unpredictable twist at the end, definitely go and see it!



This was me last Saturday, Topshop pale denim jacket and purple and silver ASOS scarf...




Topshop heart badge...





Miss Selfridge feather earrings


Miss Selfridge bracelet set, love the white studded one!


Zara fridged top...



River Island khaki trousers, these have a nice light silky feel and are gathered at the ankle - would be great with high heeled sandals in summer.



Ri sparkly pumps, had these ages.


And finally last Sunday, Topshop sequinned peacock oversized t-shirt, as seen in my profile pic!

Primark black lace insert leggings, loads of people said they would buy these after seeing them on me as they are such a bargain!


With Miss Selfridge taupe shoe boots, these, the Miss Self jewellery and the khaki trousers are the only brand new items I have featured.

The shoes from another angle, I wore them to work yesterday as well.
Hope everyone is having a nice bank holiday, I am just going to have a lovely long rest, chill out at home and start a new book :)

No comments:

Post a Comment