Thursday 18 March 2010

Herstyler - Baby Curls

I decided the other day that I was bored with my hair and wanted a new look with a bit more volume. I saw this little pink curling tong on an email from Amazon, it retails at over a hundred pounds but on their site it was just forty nine. Apparently the Herstyler products are the ones they demonstrate in Meadowhall, there were so many rave reviews on the internet that I could hardly wait until payday to buy it! I have a Babyliss curling tong already but the the curls are quite loose and don't stand a chance against a gust of wind.


This is the first go I had with it, the curls are tight and look really natural. I walked for fifteen minutes against the wind and when I got to work they still looked exactly the same! Apparently they stay in for up to three days but I wouldn't go that long without washing my hair. They certainly easily lasted a whole day.
The thing that got me thinking about curly hair in the first place was an American thriller series called Harper's Island. It has been described as a cross between the Scream films and an Agatha Christie novel so basically it is a thriller (not really gory though), but the story is top notch as well. It had so many twists in it and it really does keep you guessing to the very end, it was the best thing I have watched for a long time.





Anyway back to the hair, this is a photo of one of the main characters, Trish Wellington, played by Katie Cassidy. She also plays Ruby in Supernatural, another of my favourite shows. Harper's Island revolves around a young couple who are getting married on the island and Trish is the bride to be. I thought her hair looked really fresh and bouncy and I wanted to copy it.


Not to mention her long pearl necklace! I have a similar one I have dug out.




And finally, this week I tried out a new nail polish - Barry M in turquoise. I wasn't sure at first, I thought it looked a bit too bright but then one of the girls at work said it looked really nice and summery and it grew on me a bit :)





3 comments:

  1. your curls look adorable!!
    I can't curl my hair for anything!!

    xx
    http://tunicsandtamarindchutney.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Have That Nail Polish On Now..I Love it!! xx

    http://thisstylishlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I gave you an award, check my blog for more details!

    xx
    http://tunicsandtamarindchutney.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete