Saturday 19 September 2009

Goth Glamorous


I read in a magazine this week that goth glam is what all the cool celebrities are wearing at the moment - its lots of black with luxe touches of lace and leather, finished off with a tiny splash of colour like a slick of red lipstick. I'm drawn to black as it looks so flattering on, but can't deny that I'm a fan of heels and pretty sparkley things as well. I took this picture when I was getting ready to go to work on dress down friday, i'm wearing a new River Island t-shirt with jewel embellishment, you can't tell from the photo but it actually has shoulder pads in. Drawing attention to the shoulders is really on trend at the moment, as I mentioned in my Autumn Dress post. Personally I would have shied away from somthing so Dynasty but I didnt notice they were sewn it to the t-shirt until I tried it on and no one even realised I was wearing them. Once i knew they were there they did make the sleeves look a little bit more cute and puff sleeve so I was very pleased with my purchase. It's a really comfy fit as well and not too short like a lot of t-shirts I have bought from Ri.

I also wore some black skinny jeans from Dorothy Perkins I have had a couple of years, they have a few tiny studs on the back pockets and went really well. Plus a black diamante encusted cocktail ring from Accessorize, bright red nail varnish and Topshop black patent heels with zip detail. i tried to give my hair a shaggy rock chick look my roughly straightening the ends and adding the odd wave for texture. I use the Babyliss metallic red curling tong and Lee Stafford heat protection and dehumidifier.

I can't wait for October then I can start wearing boots and cosy knits....

1 comment:

  1. Hi thanks for commenting on my blog hun. I love that tee you have on x

    ReplyDelete