Saturday 5 September 2009

Key Pieces for Autumn - 3. The Dress


I'm sure anyone interested in fashion won't have failed to notice the new trend known as "statement shoulders". Again I have found Topshop to be leading the way with the cutest pieces. I myself have gone for a black jersey dress with a slightly structured raised frill on each shoulder. The dress is very comfy looking for the winter and aside from the shoulder detail is completely plain. I think subtlety is the key here to avoid looking like an extra from the new Star Trek.
I was very tempted by a couple of other dresses on their site - a gorgeous gothic dark grey lace frock and a lovely knit mini with jewelled embellishment to the shoulders. I have filed the lace number away for another day - if it doesnt sell out - and contented myself with the fact that I already have one of the their embellished knits in the form of a dusky pink sweater with sequin shoulder detail bought last year.
I will be wearing my new dress with my aforementioned bleached denim jacket and suedette boots, and I think a long necklace would add that finishing touch...

No comments:

Post a Comment