Saturday 5 September 2009

Key Pieces for Autumn - 1. The Boots

I have just had a week off work and have taken the opportunity to stock up on some lovely new clothes for Autumn. I am an avid reader of fashion magazines and obviously take some tips from them but I do think I have a knack for spotting the best of the high street. Everyone has their own style and their individual must-replace favourite pieces but I hope you like the list I have put together.

1. The Over the Knee Boot

I absolutely love these but had reservations over a) the cost and b) the fit.
Nonetheless I scoured the high street websites and have found my perfect pair at New Look for a very reasonable forty pounds. They are suedy fabric, have a pointed toe and although are higher than I would normally go for they have a kind of platform under the front of the boot to balance the heel out and are so comfy!
They are actually described as "on the knee" but have a fold down piece of fabric that can easily be folded up over your knee and doesnt fall down.
I couldn't be more pleased with these and despite my concerns they are actually a lovely fit, not way too tight like some high boots.
I will be wearing mine with thick black tights and a knitted or check dress.

No comments:

Post a Comment