Saturday 5 September 2009

Key Pieces for Autumn - 2. The Jacket


The Trophy / Hero Jacket

This can also be a tricky piece to pull off as the trophy jacket is an often embellished "look at me" item and needs to be pared down with some carefully chosen accent pieces.
I'm going to end up advertising Topshop as they have such a good selection and the quality is generally good. I did initially have my heart set on their dip-dyed fringed version, which goes from a creamy colour at the collar to a dark grey at the hem. These unfortunately sold out before I could get one and were featured in quite a few magazines so I'm suprised I havent actually seen anyone out in one!
However I am glad I was disappointed now as I placed my online order just in time for the latest Kate Moss collection to launch on the Topshop website.
I know there are quite a few Kate anti-fans out there due to her oh so jammy deal with Topshop but i do manage to find at least one thing I really like in every collection she does. I have purchased her black wetlook jacket and as soon as I picked it up i loved it straight away. It is a very thin jersey fabric and has a very soft, silky and expensive feel. At fifty pounds I think this is a bargain, as it is designed by Kate she could really have charged twice the price.
The wetlook aspect of it is really cool, it almost looks like very thin leather with a slight sheen. When I tried it on I felt like I was wearing something beautiful.
I will be wearing it with jeans - either black skinny or pale ripped - it needs to be dressed down and looks much better undone.

PS. I also invested in a new bleached denim jacket - with the cuffs turned back and worn with a black dress or skirt it will look fresh.

No comments:

Post a Comment