Saturday 21 November 2009

River Island Haul

I got an email from River Island last week about the range of t-shirts they have brought out in aid of the Prince's Trust. There are 3 designed by / designed for celebrities - a spangley Kelly Rowland one, a sequinned Alesha Dixon one and the one I got, a studded and tassled number associated with Pixie Lott. The one she is pictured in on the site is black and white zebra print but I preferred it in plain black. I thought it might be too short to wear as a dress as she does like them very very short but it was actually perfect, just normal mini dress length. I love it, am thinking of layering long necklaces over it.
I was in need of some new winter gloves as I just have 2 pairs of mittens and wanted some fingerless ones so I can use my phone and get things out of my bag without having to take them off. These just have a slit in the side for your thumb and i love the pompoms and the fact that they are quite long and keep my wrists warm. I also got a snood to match, have been meaning to get one for ages. It's massively long and so cosy, just like a much thicker than normal scarf that you can loop round your neck.

And saving the best for last I splashed out on these boots. I wasnt intending to get anymore pairs of boots but they would go with so much! As you can see from the photo I have turned the tops right down and unlaced them. I wore them today with thick black tights and the t-shirt dress I got from Peacocks a couple of posts back. I love mini dresses but I find flat boots don't lengthen my legs enough and I prefer to wear flats with a longer skirt or jeans. I have plenty of heels but if I am going out for the day my feet start to ache and these are the perfect compromise as they are very chunky and easy to walk in.
I went to the cinema to see New Moon today but it was sooo packed it was claustrophobic and girls were actually screaming when they started letting people into the cinema. We couldn't even get near the ticket office so we decided to leave it until the madness has died down! We did have lunch in a nice pub though so I enjoyed the day out even though the rain was relentless.


3 comments:

  1. Oh those boots are delicious. I might have to go try them on for myself!

    New Moon is crazy, isn't it? I saw it last night - total madness!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that dress i saw it in a magazine and wanted it! XO

    ReplyDelete