Saturday 28 November 2009

ASOS Acquisitions

I got paid yesterday and treated myself to a few bits from ASOS. I used to order loads from here every month (some who know me may say I was obsessed), but haven't had time for ages to look through everything as there is so much choice! I have just copied the photos from the site as most of my stuff is black and doesnt show up well on my camera. I got the above skirt which I thought I could wear to work. I could put it with any top and heels and as its stretchy jersey fabric its so comfy. I already have a black suit skirt but this one is a perfect length and would also work for a casual look.
I got this one as well, my boyfriend hates it as he thinks its too hippyish but I think it would look cool worn exactly as the model does in this photo. I have plenty of great boots and fitted tops I can wear with it and I am always in my leather jacket. I am even considering a hat as it looks so cute. I like to wear mostly black as its slimming and I like a gothic edge to my outfits but the trouble was I didn't have a black casual look before. I couldn't really think of anything to wear on a sunday afternoon but my boyfriend jeans. This skirt solves my problem, and I am pleased to see they have a good selection of longer skirts on ASOS these days. I like a variety of lengths in my wardrobe to suit my mood and in the past I think ASOS only catered for fans of the very skimpy.



I popped this bracelet in my basket as well, its very casual but the pretty grey suede and glass beads make it look more than the six pounds it cost.


And finally, I introduced a friend to Eyeko this week. She was admiring my lilac nail polish and I showed her the whole website full of goodies. The outcome of which was that I decided I really needed another nail paint in this mint green vintage shade. I'm sure everyone has heard about the Chanel pastel green polish that came out in recent months, which was soon copied by loads of other brands. I was unsure about it at the time as I prefered black and dark red polish, but since I have tried the lilac I have completed converted to pastels! I am going to alternate between this, the lilac and my ultimate favourite Barry M Flamingo Pink.
I am having a lazy day as the weather isn't enticing me anywhere at the moment. I am curled up watching films and contemplating a glass of rose later on. Hope everyone is having a nice weekend!

1 comment: