Tuesday 3 November 2009

Aussie goodies and a jar of beads

For the last few months I have been using Organix coconut milk shampoo and conditioner, its running low and although I love the coconut smell I fancied trying something different. I had Aussie in the back of my mind as I used a sachet of 3 Minute Miracle Reconstructer quite a while ago, and always meant to buy a full bottle.

I popped into Boots and they were doing 2 Aussie products for six pounds, as just one bottle of Organix costs almost this much on its own I had to take advantage of such a bargain! I was considering Aussie Long Hair shampoo but reading the back of the bottle it seemed to be geared towards reducing fly aways which I am not that bothered about and I was worried it might flatten my hair too much. I was also drawn towards Aussie Volume shampoo as I had seen adverts for it in magazines but really my hair is big enough already. My main issue is condition at the ends so I went for Miracle Moist.

I used both products last night and was really pleased with the results. I don't really know if it was the shampoo or the conditioner that did it but the both smelled gorgeous and really did seem to get rid of my split ends. I had previously been using Umberto Giannini intensive conditioning mask but I found it difficult to get it to absorb into the ends of my hair, whereas it seemed to just drink in the Aussie Reconstructer. Will definitely re-purchase!


I thought I would put a photo up of my pot of make-up brushes as I think it looks so pretty. I had the idea of fillling a pot with scented beads but I couldn't find any anywhere, only the kind you burn like a candle. I went through my collection of beads and jewellery making things and poured some pretty ones into an old pink see-thru pen pot. The pink jewelled brush is from B Never Too Busy to Be Beautiful and the green one is from The Body Shop. I have also ordered a pink brush from Barry M but due to postal strikes I am still waiting for it. The pot is just for eye brushes as I have a few different colours of shadows and like to use a different brush for each.
Close up of the beads, photo could be a lot better but they are mainly black with a few pearls, ethnic-style silver beads, and pink and turquoise beads and sequins thrown in.






2 comments:

  1. Hey sweetie, thanks for the comment you left on my blog :)

    Aussie products are great aren't they? Aussie sent me a box full of them and I haven't used anything else since!

    ♥ Hannah

    ((LONDON--ROSE.BLOGSPOT.COM))

    PS: please enter the £50 ASOS voucher giveaway on my blog!

    xx

    ReplyDelete